NASA Picture Post Program
The Greenway is a participant in the NASA Picture Post Program, a part of the Digital Earth Watch (DEW) network. DEW supports environmental monitoring by citizens, students, and community organizations through digital photography and satellite imagery.
What is a Picture Post?
A Picture Post is an 8-sided platform located on posts strategically located throughout the Greenway. These platforms provide a consistent format for taking pictures of the landscape and sky.
How does it work?
- Take digital photos at a designated Picture Post site.
- Upload your photos to the Picture Post site by clicking the button at the top of this page or at https://picturepost.unh.edu.
- Continue to take and upload pictures on a regular basis.
- Monitor the environmental changes with the image analysis tools on the Picture Post website,
- Share this project and results with others dedicated to environmental monitoring.
How do I submit photos from the posts?
- Click the "Map of post locations" button at the top of this page.
- Click "Map" at the top of the page.
- Click the drop pin for the post you wish to submit photos. You may need to zoom in a bit to find all posts.
- Click the blue "Upload your photos" in the upper right-hand corner.
- You will need to create an account to submit photos.
Are these photos online?
Photos will be available online once we have an archive of photos to display.
For more information call 701-738-8746 or email us at email@example.com.